The Belt Of Truth Part1
November 30, 1994 | Speaker: Bro Jurem Ramos
We begin today with the detailed study of the Whole Armor. Spiritual warfare is an activity of the whole Body of Christ working together. (Gary Kinnaman, OVERCOMING THE DOMINION OF DARKNESS) Eph 6:13, Therefore YOU TOGETHER put on the full armor of God (help each other get dressed for battle), so that when the day of evil comes, you TOGETHER may be able to stand your ground, and after you TOGETHER have done everything, to stand. Spiritual warfare is Body ministry. A house divided against itself cannot stand, but when there is spiritual agreement, the power of God’s people multiplies exponentially. (Lev 26:7,8 “You will pursue your enemies, and they will fall by the sword before you. Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand, and your enemies will fall by the sword before you”.
- BELT OF TRUTH
- Belt – Purpose: Not for decoration like today’s clothing. It was to gather and bind together loose garments. This was the first thing that they did when they were ready to work or to fight. It gave their bodies freedom for action. It gave them some sense of confidence.
- b) gave them freedom
- c) gave them confidence.
- means to get ready to do something difficult of strenuous.
|Lk 12:35 Let your loins be girded about…||Be dressed ready for service…|
|1Pet 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind||Therefore prepare your minds for action…|
- Some say it means –sincerity, honesty, or truthfulness, or personal integrity. The condition of your private life, truth inside you. The mind that will practice no deceits and attempts no disguises.
- Its true meaning is not that easy to determine. The recipients knew immediately what Paul was referring to but it is not very easy for us to determine.
- Lloyd Jones
- History of the church in the New Testament. The devil sowed seeds of confusion.
- Galatian Heresy: Faith in Christ is not enough.
- Colosssain Heresy: Extreme form of Judaism and early stage Gnosticism.
- Eph 4:13-15; 5:6
- 1Tim 4:1-6, 13, 15, 16; 6:2c-5
- 2Tim 3:16, 4:2-4
- Lloyd Jones: The devil in his wiliness tried to cause confusion in the church, so they met together and they said, “These are the essentials of the faith. Recite it, get it into you mind, put it on, gird yourself with it. They wrote the great creeds.
- The church also in every period of revival and awakening, when she is really alive, and realized the character of the spiritual conflict, has always done this very thing. Drawing up a confession. Augsburg Confession, Belgic Confession, Second Helvetic Confession, Heidelberg Catechism, 39 Articles of the Westminster Confession.
- DO YOU KNOW THE ESSENTIALS OF THE FAITH.